Please note the application deadline for 2015 scholarships has passed. Information about 2016 scholarships will be posted in the summer of 2016.
SAC offers 23 scholarships ranging from $1,000 - $2,000.
Scholarships will be awarded in early 2016.
Applicants must be:
- SAC student associates
- Full-time students
- Enrolled in their final year of a master's degree program in speech-language pathology or audiology
Note: Students enrolled in a full-time doctorate degree program (AuD), who have not previously completed a master’s degree program in audiology, may also apply.
Applicants will be evaluated based on level of academic work, clinical practicum, volunteer involvement, references and an essay including career goals.
- Scholarship Descriptions, Critera and Application Form
- Academic Reference Evaluation Form (Microsoft Word file)
- Academic Reference Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Clinical Reference Evaluation Form (Microsoft Word file) (Audiology | Speech-Language Pathology)
- Clinical Reference Evaluation Form (PDF) (Audiology | Speech-Language Pathology)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to submit a separate application form for each scholarship? No.
- If I am applying for more than one scholarship, can I send in only one copy of the required documents (i.e. references, transcripts, research summary, essay)? Yes
- Is it okay to include the reference evaluation forms in my package, as long as they are signed across the envelope seal? Yes.
- Can I submit a photocopy or scanned version of my official transcripts? No.
- Can my academic reference be completed by any professor at my university? No. Your academic reference must be an appointed faculty member, not an affiliated faculty member (i.e. sessional instructor.)
- Will my application be accepted if it is postmarked by October 15? No. The SAC office must receive your completed application package no later than October 15, 2015.
"I was thrilled to receive an SAC scholarship this year and I want to thank the scholarship committee. The scholarship has allowed me the opportunity to recently complete a Hanen certification workshop, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am also looking forward to completing an Individual Authorizer course in March. Again, thank you for the recognition and the chance to further myself as a communication health professional!"
– 2014 Scholarship Recipient
"Thank you so much for choosing me as a recipient of a SAC scholarship. I, like many of my fellow students, have worked very hard to get to this point in my academic career. Being honoured with this scholarship helps with the costs of my education, but more than that it gives me confidence knowing that others believe in my clinical abilities as well as my academic skills. I hope to further my profession of audiology in the future by being a good, patient-centred, clinician and an advocate in my community."
– 2014 Scholarship Recipient