About the Exam
The SAC Clinical Certification Exam is based on Assessing and Certifying Clincial Competency: Foundations of Clinical Practice for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology.
To ensure appropriate representation of each area within the Foundations document, the exam is constructed in accordance with a test blueprint, which dictates the percentage of questions in each area. Download test blueprints.
Apply to write the exam
Applying as a SAC member:
Applying at the request of your regulatory body:
- Download the full application package
- Download the application form only
- Download the permission for disclosure only
- Be Strategic
Familiarize yourself with the content that will be covered on the exam and the weight of each portion. Check out test blueprints (links below) for this information.
- No surprises
Familiarize yourself with the format of the exam well in advance and practice answering questions in the way you'll need to on exam day.
- Make a Plan
Working back from the exam day, create a study schedule. Carefully plan out which areas will need more or less study time based on your knowledge and what you know of the exam.
- Study, Study, Study!
Take advantage of any test prep materials and practice questions you can get your hands on (see below!).
Exchanging Study Tips
Connect with other SAC members to exchange study tips.
- SAC Student Facebook Group
- @SAC on Twitter (#slpeeps, #audpeeps, #slp2b, #aud2b)
- SAC LinkedIn Group (Sub-Groups: Students, S-LPs, Audiologists, SPs)
- Student Members: Contact your SAC University Student Rep for help organizing study groups